Monday, June 14, 2010

DVD: Ghostbusters Movie box set

I happen to come across a DVD box set of one of my childhood favorite movie franchise. 'The Ghostbusters' movie box set includes the DVD of the 1st and second movie.



It was fun to see them again in action, and the antics of Harold Ramis, Dan Akroyd, Bill Murray and Ernie Hudson still is funny to me even until now. Its one of the few film franchise that I believe would still appeal to the newer generation of viewers. As proof, my son named these films as one of his favorites (alongside Garfield, Avatar and Alvin and the Chimpmunks).

I had to admit that my preference in characters had changed. During my childhood, I looked up to Peter Venkman... now, I prefer Ray and Winston. Their one liners gave the story some enjoyable punchlines.

As the film is not much of a laugh-fest...it is still enjoyable to watch because of the story, the dynamics of the characters, and the situation they all get themselves into.



As much as the film brought a lot of laughs, viewing enjoyment, and a bit of nostalgia, the special features left a lot to desire for. The featurette about the special effects used was a total bummer, it made me fall asleep at least three times. I was expecting the same featurette I saw back in the 80's. It was more of a documentary back then...now its like a long commentary with the effects supervisors chat it up.

No comments:

Some Other Ramblings and Stuff

Past Stuff-u-lufugus