Tuesday, March 31, 2009

J-drama to watch out for: Atashinchi no Danshi

Its been a long time since I saw the talented Horikita Maki in a TV series. I was delighted to find out that she will be starring in a family-comedy entitled 'Atashinchi no Danshi'.


As indicated in the net, the story goes that Chisato (played by Horikita) was forced out of her home due to some gambling debt of her father amounting to 1 million yen. As her mother died at an early age, and her father has taken into hiding, she then wanders around the city as a homeless person, hiding from the debt collectors, sleeping in internet cafes. But, although she encountered such great misfortunes, she never let it get her down. She then encounters this president of a large company who offers to pay off her father's debt if she becomes his wife. Ok, overused plot, rags to riches kinda deal, albeit a hint of 'tama no koshi' to it. But, her benefactor has 6 children, all male and most of them have grown up to be a quagmire of conflicting personalities. There are some sources that says these children are adopted by that company president, so I'm not sure. Anyway, Chisato has to overcome a new set of trials and test on her person as she strives to make this family whole.

I've seen the TV spot in youtube and I must say, I'm getting excited about the series. No other series has garnered this much anticipation in me since...well, never...except for that part of me which hopes that there will be a second season of 'Kekkon Dekinai Otoko' or 'Kannagi. 

A series involving one of my fave actresses, Horikita Maki-san, and a comedic plot to boot. AAArrgggHHH...I wish I haven't seen the preview so I don't have to agonize this much in waiting. The Japanese site indicated that the series will start from April 14. So it would take some time before the valiant soft-subbing warriors of the net get these babies out for the non-Japanese enthusiasts.

For Horikita-fans, here's a link to keep you updated on the series.
Atashinchi no Danshi thread in D-addicts.com

No comments:

Some Other Ramblings and Stuff

Past Stuff-u-lufugus